The Road Home


April 28, 2012

Ryan and Amanda fixed a farewell breakfast for Steven and I. Ed joined us. Finished packing and cleaning, did one last quick hike behind the quad with Amanda and John, and said my goodbyes to everyone. It was really hard; these friends feel like family. I then spent some time driving through the park one last time, since it is so hard to say goodbye, even knowing I'll be back in a couple months for a few days' stay. Did a quick hike at Doors, then kept driving through the park towards Wall. Storm clouds started moving in, and the rain started as I reached the prairie area. Made a stop for rainy photos at Yellow Mounds before continuing on towards home.

I will continue to maintain this blog with updates on paintings and travels, though not on a daily basis.  


One last view of Angel Butte.

My apartment.

Outside the Visitor's Center.

Doors area.



  

Near Saddle Pass.

Near Bigfoot Pass.


Approaching storm.


Approaching Yellow Mounds area.

Yellow Mounds.

Comments

  1. Thanks so much Jessica for keeping us all informed! Clearly you've had a wonderful experience. I might join you in the Badlands briefly when I drive over to give my workshop in mid-August in Rapid City. Stan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should come and camp for a night or two! It's not far at all from Rapid, and I can show you some cool spots. Plus dinner at the Wagon Wheel... Hope to see you soon now that I'm back home again.

      Delete

Post a Comment