Return to Badlands

Today marks my return to Badlands National Park for a fourth stint as Artist in Residence.  This visit corresponds with a solo exhibit of my Badlands paintings at the Dahl Art Center in Rapid City, SD.  The Exhibit opens next Friday and there is an artist's reception in the evening.  Details can be found on the Dahl's website under upcoming exhibits: http://www.thedahl.org/upcoming.html

After a long drive from Coeur d'Alene, ID to Sheridan, WY yesterday and a shorter drive today to reach Rapid City, I delivered 26 framed paintings of Badlands landscapes to the Dahl.  Next came a stop for groceries and the drive out to Badlands National Park where I will be living in park ranger housing for the next 10 weeks.

Tomorrow is my first official day back in the park, and I'll be digging right in, working on some writing and displays for an exhibit at the park's visitors center that will correspond with what is at the Dahl.  More on all that later.


Comments