Badlands Residency Day 53

Today's gloom outdoors compliments my mood as things wind down here and I begin to clean, pack, and face the single digit countdown to my departure.  Very happy to be going home to my awesome family and friends, but also markedly sad to leave the handful of people here who have always been welcoming, supportive, inclusive, and have stuck with me and proven to be like family.  My last week or two always feel like this, torn between two worlds.  Overly dramatic description?  Certainly.  But I do feel a bit lost and adrift.  Perhaps the rainy weather today is a contributing factor, but it looks like this gloom will last through the week.

I worked more on my drawings for the design guidelines project for the park, watched the rain come and go, and listened to melancholy music.  A quiet day, but not a quiet mind.  Much stirring about up there.


My view for the day, sitting at the table in my apartment.

View out back.

Looking left out my front door.

Comments