Badlands Residency Day 61

My last full day in Badlands this trip.  Always bitter sweet.  After a morning spent on business: packing, cleaning, wrapping up work-related topics at the park, etc., I drove to Interior. I had a few people to see briefly for some business, then stopped at a friend's to bring him some remnant food items from my fridge.  He was making lemon meringue pie, and after that we went for a drive east on White River Road, roughly following the badlands wall east.  There are some neat formations out that way, and good rock fields.  We did spend a little time hunting around.  My friend spotted a fairburn agate (so not fair that he always finds them) and we both found all kinds of cool bubble gum agates and other neat things.  It was nice to see another new landscape and be out driving with the windows down in the sunshine and warm air.  I had thought to perhaps go down to Sage Creek looking for bison calves, but that drive is lengthy and time was short.  In the evening I wrapped up the last of my packing and polished off the last couple things from my fridge.  I spent some time with friends, just hanging out at home.  Had also thought to get back to the Wagon Wheel tonight, but you just can't squeeze everything in.  Really with I'd had more time for cribbage games down there this last month.

That's it for now.  Tomorrow morning I check out, say goodbye to everyone, and hit the road.  With a stop first at the Dahl to pick up the paintings that remain from my exhibit.  Farewell, apt. 45B, you've been a nice place to nest for a while.


There are many old train bridges, though the tracks
have been removed.  The railroads were the reason
for so many of the small towns around here to exist.
The area where we paused to look at rocks.

Erosion path in a yellow mound.

A close up of the rocks of the yellow mounds.




Another bridge.

The quad.  My apartment was second to the far end
in the building on the right.  Going to miss my view.

Comments