First Painting from Rocky Mountain National Park

A quick post to share a home scan of this painting of Bear Lake and Hallet Peak.  I began this during my residency, painting en plein air while being filmed for possible inclusion in the park's new centennial film that will be shown at the Beaver Meadows Visitor Center starting in January.  An hour of painting on site, followed by another 12+ hours in the studio for this one.  I'll be on the road again later this week (more on that to come), so didn't have time to take this in for a professional scan and color matching just yet.  A few colors are off, not that anyone else would notice, but it drives me bonkers.  Looking forward to moving on to other paintings from Rocky Mountain NP; there are a few I have hungered to paint for several weeks already...



Comments