Joshua Tree National Park - Artist in Residence Day 15


Covington Flats and High View Trail

I spent the morning on work, then had my parents over for lunch before we set out to drive to Covington Flats and take in the view near Eureka Peak.  As the day went on, the wind picked up more and more.  Later in the afternoon, back in Black Rock, my mom and I set out to hike the High View Trail.  By the time we were approaching the top, the wind was so intense we had trouble walking and staying on the trail.  I had to hold my hat on my head, and at the very top we held on to each other's arm for stability, and possibly to keep from blowing off the mountain.


The view near Eureka Peak, looking down on the Coachella Valley.

A wider view.

Driving in Covington Flats.

Covington Flats has a number of quite large, densely branched Joshua trees.

Parry's Nolina in bloom along the High View trail.

Westward view form the high point.

Love hiking with my mom.

Looking back on our hike along the trail home.

Comments